The Peter and Carolyn Mertz Fellowships are offered to support SEAS students finishing their master's studies. They recognize exceptional students who are poised to carry out the SEAS mission of contributing to the protection of the Earth's resources and the achievement of a sustainable society. Review award FAQ for more information.
- Minimum GPA of 3.700 or higher
- Must be registered full-time (9 credits) for the winter award term
- Approximately two $10,000 tuition awards for students completing their 2-year master's degree in winter 2018 (i.e., May 2019) OR in a 2.5 year master's degree and completing no later than December 2019
- Approximately one $15,000 tuition award for a student completing their 3-year master's degree or dual degrees in winter 2019 (i.e., May 2019)
SEAS Application Process: Students must email the following items, combined into a single PDF attachment, to email@example.com. Non-compliant submissions will not be reviewed.
- Current CV
- U-M Transcript (request from OAP ahead of time; include in the single PDF document)
- One-page essay explaining how you plan to make a positive change in the world, anywhere from the local to global level. This essay should thoughtfully, yet concisely, demonstrate how this change will support the SEAS mission after graduation. This essay should be composed using Calibri, size 11 font, single-spaced, and with standard 1-inch page margins.
- Essay release form (NOTE: Opening form in Chrome may disable digital signature field)