The Rackham International Student Fellowship assists outstanding international students, particularly those who may be ineligible for other kinds of support because of citizenship. In addition, the Chia-Lun Lo Fellowship assists outstanding students in Rackham programs who have earned a previous degree from a university in Taiwan. These fellowships will be awarded in a combined competition.
Award: Funding will be available for twenty-five (25) International Student Fellowship awards and six (6) Chia-Lun Lo Fellowships. The award may be used as a stipend or toward tuition and will be disbursed in the winter 2018 term.
- International students only
- Students must have already successfully completed one year of graduate study
- Be in good academic standing as a master’s or pre-candidate student during the fall 2017 term
- Students must be registered for at least three (3) credits if a master's student, or for six (6) credits if a pre-candidate student in the term of nomination as well as in the following academic term. Preference will be given to students who do not have other sources of funding.
- Students may only receive this award once
SEAS Application Process: Students interested in being nominated must email the following items as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 AM on Monday, 18 September 2017:
- Current CV
- One-page statement describing your research and future goals (1,500 words maximum)
- Arrange for a faculty member to support your request by sending a nomination statement by the deadline to email@example.com describing why you would be appropriate for nomination. The faculty nomination statement must address:
- Your achievements and academic promise in your field of study
- Previous sources of support
- Other funding circumstances