The University of Michigan's Energy Club at Ross (ECR) proudly presents the 2017 Michigan Energy Conference. The Michigan Energy Conference is one of UM’s premier annual energy events and the largest such university conference in the state of Michigan. It brings leading experts from around the world together with students from across UM to address some the biggest challenges facing the energy industry. The conference will be co-sponsored by the UM Energy Institute and has been designed to optimize collaboration between students, speakers and sponsors.
This years theme is "Energy and the States" where the focus will be on state and municipal-level energy policy and how recent federal actions have impacted strategy and planning at the different levels.
The following conference topics will explore how states and municipalities are controlling their energy futures amidst the changing federal priorities:
- Keynote – Energy and the States: An overview of the state-level policy and regulatory landscape is provided along with highlights of the impacts from recent federal actions.
- Keynote – Utilities and the States: An overview of national trends in utility strategies is provided along with a discussion of how state-level policy influences these strategies.
- Panel – Utilities and the States: Utility executives and consultants discuss how state policies influence their energy strategies.
- Panel – Renewable Energy at the Local Level: City leaders discuss policy levers that impact renewable energy deployment.
- Panel – Private Sector and the States: Corporate leaders discuss how state policies impact their energy strategies and what influence they have over these state policies.
Participating speakers include: Accenture, DTE Energy, Consumers Energy, Exelon Corporation, Puget Sound Energy, Steelcase, Apex Clean Energy, 5 Lakes Energy, Inovateus Solar, NOVI Energy, City of Ann Arbor, Michigan Agency for Energy, and many more!
Please RSVP for the conference at this link: Conference RSVP
In addition to the conference on September 29th, a Networking Kickoff will be held on the night of
September 28th at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA). All conference attendees, speakers, and
sponsors will be invited to attend for a night of networking and conversation. Food and drinks will be provided.
Please RSVP for the reception at this link: Kickoff RSVP
Open to all UM students, faculty, & staff. Non-UM attendees are also welcome on a case-by-case basis.
Ross Colloquium (6th Floor); 701 Tappan Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109