Tannery Creek is one of the main tributaries leading into Little Traverse Bay, which is located adjacent to Petoskey, Michigan. The creek lies within the jurisdiction of the Little Traverse Bay Watershed Plan, which is facilitated in part by the project client, Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council. The client is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation of local water resources. This project assessed the current condition of Tannery Creek through a thorough investigation of issues affecting the water quality and ecosystem health of the creek, with the goal of producing a scale-appropriate watershed management and implementation plan. The watershed management plan focuses on the preservation of healthy aspects of the stream and evaluates remediation and restoration needs as appropriate. The project was designed to incorporate knowledge and attitudes of local stakeholder groups into the plan. Deliverables include a detailed watershed management plan, comprehensive quantitative and qualitative data sets, spatial analysis reference sets and maps, and educational and outreach materials.
- Elizabeth Lillard, MS Conservation Ecology
- Diana Portner, MS Behavior, Education and Communication
- Julie Riggio, MS Environmental Policy and Planning/Conservation Ecology
- Bo Williams, MBA/MS Environmental Policy and Planning
- Leah Zimmerman, MBA/MS Behavior Communication and Education/Conservation Ecology