From the Native American advisor to Bernie Sanders to a meteorologist teaching millenials about the consequences of global warming to an innovator sharing the stories of diverse climate leaders, these young panelists are already incredibly accomplished. They're taking action on climate change - are you? Join us at the Climate Change Summit to learn more about the panelists' solutions and be inspired to pursue your own. The Summit will take place in Rackham Auditorium on Friday, October 27 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.
Climate Change Summit rising star panelists pictured above. Explore their bios here, and don't forget to check out the other SEAS Opening Ceremonies events below.
- Ben Bunker: CEO, Global BrightLight Foundation
- Tara Houska: Attorney and Director, Honor the Earth
- Angel Hsu: Director, Yale Data-Driven Environmental Solutions Group
- Ahmina Maxey: North American Coordinator, Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives (GAIA)
- Kait Parker: Meteorologist, Weather.com and ABC News
- Varun Sivaram: Douglas Dillon Fellow and Acting Director, Council on Foreign Relations
- Sean A. Watkins: Community Manager, The Solutions Project
SEAS Opening Ceremonies: Schedule of Events
All of the official SEAS Opening Ceremonies events will take place over U-M's Homecoming Weekend - Thursday, October 26 through Saturday, October 28.
*See individual events below to RSVP *
Thursday, October 26
6:00 p.m. - Samuel A. Graham Dean's Lecture and Installation by Dr. Jonathan T. Overpeck RSVP here.
Friday, October 27
9:00 a.m. - SEAS Open House (Ford Commons)
10:00 a.m. - SEAS Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony/Opening Ceremony (Ford Commons) RSVP here.
11:00 a.m. - Climate Change Summit (Rackham Auditorium) RSVP here.
1:00 p.m./2:00 p.m./3:00 p.m. - Building Tours (Dana Building)
4:00 p.m. - Third Century Expo/Bicentennial Finale (Diag) More information.
Saturday, October 28
10:00 a.m. - Pregame Gala [Tailgate] (Ford Commons) RSVP here.
12:00 p.m. - Homecoming Football vs. Rutgers (Michigan Stadium)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See individual events for specific locations.