The Dean's Challenge Fellowships recognize exceptional first-year SEAS students. Awardees will be expected to provide periodic thank-you letters to the funding donors; the SEAS development office will provide guidance.
- Minimum undergrad GPA of 3.500 or higher
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.500 or higher going forward
- Register full-time (9 credits) for Winter 2019 and Winter 2020
- Six $20,000 tuition awards ($10,000 in Winter 2019 and $10,000 in Winter 2020)
- One $9,300 tuition award for Winter 2020
- If an awardee receives 100% tuition support from another source, the fellowship will be reduced to $2,000 for that term, but they will still be considered a Dean's Fellow.
SEAS Application Process: Students must email the following items, combined into a single PDF attachment, to SEASemail@example.com. Non-compliant submissions will not be reviewed.
- 500-word essay explaining a relaized or anticipated experience at SEAS as it relates to your personal goals or aspirations
- Current CV
- U-M transcript (unofficial version is fine; request from OAP if needed)
- Undergraduate transcript (unofficial version is fine; request from OAP if needed)