The Dow Sustainability Masters Fellowship supports students who are committed to finding interdisciplinary, actionable, and meaningful sustainability solutions to local-to-global scales; to prepare future sustainability leaders to make a positive difference in organizations worldwide. First-year master's student (can be second-year if pursuing a 3-year dual-degree). If you are interested in being nominated, you should start working on your materials and lining up potential recommenders now. NOTE: If you are a dual-degree student, you must apply through the department that you are registered with during this fall term.
SEAS Application Process: Students interested in being nominated must email the following items, combined into a single PDF attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 AM on Friday, October 12, 2018. The SEAS Scholarship Committee will review applications, select up to 10 students for nomination, and notify the Graham Institute. Students selected for nomination will be notified by the Graham Institute with instructions and deadline for uploading their final application materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Students are responsible for making sure that faculty letters of support are submitted by the submission deadline.
- Personal statement (800 words maximum)
- Field of study and career aspirations and how they relate to sustainability (approx 200 words)
- How participation in the program will be a transformative, as opposed to incremental, learning experience (approx 200 words)
- Describe a challenge or opportunity related to your area of work and articulate how it relates to sustainability and would benefit from interdisciplinary approaches (approx 400 words)
- A short, critical thinking essay (500 words maximum) answering the question: "In what ways does fostering a diverse and inclusive community affect pathways to sustainability?"
- Brief CV/Resume, organized as follows:
- i. Educational background
- ii. Relevant work experience
- iii. Major awards and honors received
- iv. Membership in professional organizations (if applicable)
- v. Complete list of publications and presentations (if applicable)
- iv. Service to the community and/or other extra-curricular activities
- All transcripts
- References (names and contact information)