SEAS may nominate up to two (2) students for these awards. Up to twenty awards will be made, each with an honorarium of $1,000.
Eligibility: Eligible students must have COMPLETED at least two terms (not necessarily consecutive) as GSIs. NOTE: Students whose second term of teaching will occur in the final semester of their program may be nominated for next year's Outstanding GSI competition, even though they may no longer be enrolled at the university by that time.
Selection Criteria: Nominees must demonstrate:
- exceptional ability and creativity as teachers
- continuous growth as teachers (e.g., by seeking to refine their own teaching skills and helping others to do the same)
- service as outstanding mentors and advisors to their students, colleagues, and others in need of their help
- growth as scholars in the course of their graduate programs
SEAS Application Process: To nominate a GSI, faculty must submit the following items to email@example.com by 9:00 AM on Monday, November 5, 2018. The SEAS Scholarship Committee will determine which nominations will be forwarded to Rackham.
- Faculty nomination statement (maximum 1 page)
- Copy of all the student's teaching evaluation summaries
Once the SEAS nominees have been identified, SEAS Financial Aid will work with them and their nominators to complete the official nomination dossier. This is a labor and time intensive activity, so thinking and planning ahead is critical.