The Solar for All Masters Project worked with the global nonprofit Solar Electric Light Fund (SELF) to determine a solar lantern market entry strategy for Haiti. SELF's goal in Haiti is to provide as many high quality lanterns as possible to impoverished rural populations that have no access to electricity. The team provided strategic recommendations to SELF regarding end-user financing, logistical concerns, establishing distribution and sales networks, after sales maintenance, product selection, and long-term project sustainability. To achieve this goal, the team leveraged extensive primary and secondary research of existing solar lantern operations around the world, and conducted a socio-economic survey in a rural Haitian village.
- Wan-Ning Chen, MS Environmental Policy and Planning/Sustainable Systems
- Annelise Guedes Lemes, MS Sustainable Systems
- Lukas Strickland, MS Sustainable Systems
- Aditi Moorthy, MA Economics/MS Sustainable Systems
- Yicong Zhu, MS Environmental Policy and Planning/Sustainable Systems