Did you know that about a quarter of the students at the U-M School for Environment and Sustainability (SEAS) come to Michigan from outside of the United States? The programs at Michigan SEAS include students from across the world, contributing to the invaluable diversity we see in the classroom.
To honor and continue this rich tradition of international students at Michigan SEAS, Professor Ming Xu, Director of China Programs, traveled to China to meet hundreds of potential students at some of the top universities in the world. In five days, he visited 11 universities in four cities including:
- Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Peking University, Beijing
- Beijing Normal University, Beijing
- Beijing Forestry University, Beijing
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai
- East China Normal University, Shanghai
- Tongji University, Shanghai
- Fudan University, Shanghai
- Zhejiang University, Hangzhou
- Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzou
- Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou
These universities have top-ranked undergraduate programs in Michigan SEAS-related areas -- including environmental science, environmental engineering, ecology, and landscape architecture. At each university, Professor Xu held seminar discussions to teach undergraduates about the many programs and tracks offered in the graduate programs at SEAS. The students had opportunities to ask questions and learn more about life in Michigan as an international student.
Here at Michigan SEAS, we welcome all students from around the globe who are interested in helping create a more sustainable, just world. Thank you to all of those who attended. We hope that one day, you’ll be a part of our mission to make the world a better place.