To solve the world's environmental issues and make a societal impact, SEAS attracts a diverse group of students from around the globe to become environmental game changers. International students make up a substantial portion of the SEAS student body. View our Demographics page for more information.
How can you join us? It’s easy to apply!
At SEAS, our diverse student body is among our greatest assets. The SEAS Student Center is always available to help you navigate your experience as an international student. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency via TOEFL or IELTS scores, unless they meet the Rackham Graduate School criteria for an exemption.
- The Rackham Graduate School, which contains SEAS, handles all immigration-related topics for incoming international SEAS students. If you have any questions about the immigration process as an incoming SEAS student, you should direct them to Rackham via email@example.com.
- Rackham provides some information about the required materials and deadlines for I-20s and visas on this page.
Favorite Links + Resources
- U-M International Center for information on immigration and visas, taxes and social security, health insurance, and more
- Life in Ann Arbor for tailored advice on making the most of your time at SEAS
- English Language Institute for language and academic support for international students
- Rackham Graduate School to apply and for more information on the graduate programs at U-M
- SEAS Career Tips for International Students for a sampling of employers and information on the school’s STEM designation
- SEAS Financial Aid for funding information specific to international students
- Rackham Graduate School's Safety page for safety tips at home and outdoors, and information about law enforcement on campus and in Ann Arbor. Crime and safety data is available in the U-M Division of Public Safety & Security's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.
International Students Share Their SEAS Experience at Commencement