SEAS Sustainability Themes address global challenges at the nexus of environment and society:
- Cities + Mobility + Built Environment
- Climate + Energy
- Conservation + Restoration
- Food Systems
The themes are designed to serve as rallying points for collaborations around research, teaching, and civic engagement. The work across campus in these key areas is phenomenal, and the themes provide a framework for faculty from different units to be involved in a wide range of interdisciplinary activities in partnership with SEAS.
CURRENT FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
Funds are available for community-building and engagement activities related to any of the themes. Here are examples of funding needs that that could qualify.
- Honoraria and travel costs associated with hosting invited speakers
- Costs associated with research-driven meetings and events
- Funds to enhance theme-related M-Cubes
- Funding for “Mega-Masters Projects” that have an extended impact either spatially (e.g., several teams working in tandem across different sites) or temporally (e.g., a sequence of projects focusing on the same problem across years or cohorts)
- Small grants ($2k-$3k each) to support large research proposals that include SEAS faculty
- All faculty members are eligible to compete across all themes
- Each faculty member may compete as many times as desired
- Each proposal must include at least one faculty member from SEAS and one faculty member outside SEAS
- Each proposal must include a description of how the project will evaluate its outcomes and outputs
- Each proposal must be designed to leverage resources from outside SEAS
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Fill out this simple form as the first step toward securing funding for a theme-related activity. If your idea advances to the next round, you may be asked to complete a more detailed proposal.
FUTURE FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
Starting in Winter 2019, there will be one competition each year for a large research grant (up to $125,000/year for two years) to fund theme-related research.
Questions? Email email@example.com.