At the University of Michigan School for Environment and Sustainability (SEAS), innovation and the use of new methods and technologies is an integral part of what we do. The SEAS Digital Learning Hub compiles initiatives and offerings that can be utilized by students, faculty, alumni, executives, and, in some cases, the general public.
The SEAS Digital Learning Hub is gathered into four categories, which aim to empower the learner’s experience and engagement by offering easy-to-access content, materials, and courses to facilitate a personalized path that can range from competency-based learning to experimentation with new technologies.
- Online Learning: learn at your own pace from courses, teach-outs, and lectures.
- Collaborative Learning: an open, collaborative platform for creating, revising, teaching, and sharing media-rich learning modules.
- Learning Innovation: innovative web-based tools and technologies that are developed or used by SEAS faculty, researchers and students.
- Lifelong Learning: learning opportunities that are available to all, including alumni and friends not currently enrolled at U-M.
These online offerings allow you to learn at your own pace.
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are free and available to all.
- The MasterTrack Certificate via Coursera is available to all and can earn credits toward a degree at SEAS.
- Teach-Outs are short online learning events on important sustainability topics which are free and available to all.
- The Online Lectures portal provides free access to recordings on a wide range of topics by SEAS faculty, guests and collaborators.
Gala is an open platform for collaboratively creating, revising, teaching and sharing media-rich learning modules. It is used across U-M units and other universities and organizations and emphasizes inclusive, iterative and dynamic content production.
SEAS faculty and students apply innovative methods and educational technologies to enhance the learning experience. This ranges from faculty-created research platforms and simulation tools to student-created games and 3D visualization.
Many of the SEAS digital learning opportunities outlined above are available to all, but we also offer lifelong learning options that are of particular interest to alumni and friends of SEAS, allowing the opportunity for personal or team growth.
- Michigan Online
- Executive Education at the Erb Institute
- Customized Sustainability Learning Programs