Using the Dana Building
During the academic year, building hours are 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. In the summer, the building closes at 6 p.m.
Summer usually brings with it construction as we make space for new institutes, studios and labs. Please check the intranet to stay updated on current projects.
Let's all do our part to keep the Dana Building safe and clean. Here's how:
- Please avoid leaving food out for extended periods of time, especially overnight.
- Please only allow liquid down the building's drains. All food and coffee grounds can be placed in compost bins.
- Please avoid propping open exterior doors and opening any windows. If you find that the temperature is too hot or cold email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Furniture in classrooms and conference rooms should not be moved or removed. They have been set up to maintain capacities and egress areas.
- Custodial services are not available Friday-Sunday. If you host an event with food, it's important that all food waste and compost be delivered to the compost bins that are outside on the south side of the building.
- Bikes are not permitted inside the Dana Building. If found, they will be removed by the U-M Division of Public Safety & Security (DPSS).
- The Lost & Found is located at the welcome desk in the Student Services Center (room 1520). Personal items that include sensitive information (such as credit cards) will be held in a locked location for 24 hours. After that, they will be delivered to DPSS. If you're missing something essential and it is after hours, please call facilities at 734-646-8429.
If you need to report an issue with the building, please email email@example.com. If you notice unusual behavior or need to report an emergency, call 911 or DPSS at 734-763-1131.