Studio 587 (a) Place and Environment by Yiyuan Wang
Place and Environment Studio: This course provides a basic foundation of the principles and processes involved in landscape design with an emphasis on analyzing local ecosystems as a way of building a sense of place and understanding the context of site design. The goals of this class are to develop:
• an ability to read and share landscape patterns through drawing and writing both in the field and in the studio
• research skills for uncovering the stories associated with local places
• an initial familiarity with the language and literature of landscape analysis and design
• an ability to analyze, critique, and create existing landscape designs
• an understanding of regional ecosystems as a background for design, human culture.