Fulbright US Student Program
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program grant numbers are subject to the availability of federally-appropriated funds. The U.S. Department of State reserves the right to alter, without notice, participating countries, numbers of awards, terms of agreement, and allowances.
Grant benefits for all Fulbright U.S. Student grants include:
- Accident & Sickness Health Benefits
- 24/7 support line for urgent and non-urgent situations
- 12 months of non-competitive eligibility (NCE) hiring status within the federal government
- A stipend broadly based on the cost of living in the host country. These funds may be used by the grantee to cover to room, board, and incidental costs during the grant period.
Additional grant benefits for Fulbright U.S. Student grants to Post countries:
- round-trip transportation to the host country
- pre-departure and/or in-country orientations
Additional grant benefits for Fulbright U.S. Student grants to Commission countries:
- please review the website of the appropriate Fulbright Commission as benefits may differ significantly.
Based on award and country, some grants may also include:
- book and research allowances*
- mid-term enrichment activities
- full or partial tuition
- language study programs