Rates reflect tuition and fees for the entire 2021-2022 academic year.
- Michigan resident: $24,574
- Out-of-state and international students: $48,542
Visit the U-M Office of the Registrar for additional information including tuition and fees per term or part-time schedule.
Estimated budgets reflect a modest-but-adequate expense pattern of U-M students based on Office of Financial Aid research.
- Books & supplies: $1,192 (Costs vary by specialization, course load, and selected courses)
- Housing & Meals: $16,426
- Personal & Miscellaneous Expenses: $6,574*
- International Student Fee: $1,000 (Learn more about this fee.)
- Total: $24,192 (International students- $25,192)
*Living expenses are the most variable part of a student’s budget. You can reduce costs through cohabitation, eating at home, and using the university’s many resources from fitness facilities to computer labs.
Office of Academic Programs / 1520 Dana / (734) 764-6453 / firstname.lastname@example.org