Peter and Carolyn Mertz Fellowship
The Peter and Carolyn Mertz Fellowships are offered to support SEAS students finishing their master's studies. They recognize exceptional students who are poised to carry out the SEAS mission of contributing to the protection of the Earth's resources and the achievement of a sustainable society.
- Minimum GPA of 3.700 or higher
- Must be registered full-time (9 credits) for the winter award term
- Two (2) $10,000 tuition awards for students completing their 2-year master's degree in winter 2021 OR in a 2.5-year master's degree and completing no later than December 2021
- One (1) $15,000 tuition award for a student completing their 3-year master's degree or dual degrees in winter 2021
- If an awardee receives 100% tuition support from another source (GSI/GSRA), the fellowship will be reduced to $2,000 for that term, but they will still be considered a Peter and Carolyn Fellow
SEAS Application Process: Students must submit the following items into a single .pdf document to https://tinyurl.com/y6rtmy22 no later than 9:00 AM on Monday, October 5, 2020. Title the document as Lastname.PCMertz.pdf. The SEAS Scholarship Committee will review applications and select up to three (3) recipients for the fellowship. Once decisions have been made, applicants will be notified of their status. Non-compliant submissions will not be reviewed.
- Current CV
- U-M Transcript (students may submit their unofficial transcript via downloafing from Wolverine Access)
- A one-page essay explaining how you plan to make a positive change in the world, anywhere from the local to a global level. This essay should thoughtfully, yet concisely, demonstrate how this change will support the SEAS mission after graduation. This essay should be composed using Calibri, size 11 font, single-spaced, and with standard 1-inch page margins.
- Essay release form (NOTE: Opening form in Chrome may disable digital signature field)